This 3-week program is intended for frontline anti-human trafficking workers, providing them with tangible skill sets to develop specialized programs and provide holistic care for victims and survivors.
The program includes classroom and experiential training to prepare students to be released on to the frontlines. Lectures and on-the-field activities will be provided by seasoned leaders from anti-trafficking organizations. Each student will have the opportunity for placement within our global partner network upon completion of the school. The first Justice School 5.24 took place in Brazil in 2018, the second school took place in Mexico City. This year, summer 2020 the school will run in Mexico City. Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Inner healing
- Victimology & traumatology
- Practical prevention & intervention strategies
- Aftercare models & methodologies
- Theology of suffering & biblical foundations for freedom
- Burnout prevention & self-care
Dates: June 08-June 26, 2020
Payment By: June 01, 2020
IMPORTANT: If you are non-Mexican please check your visa requirements here.
Want to stay updated? FOLLOW US
- What do my tuition fees cover?
Option 1: part-time student
- Incredible teaching
- Lectures provided by seasoned leaders in anti-trafficking organizations
- Powerful times of worship and ministry
Option 2: full-time student without boarding
- Everything under option 1
- On-the-field activities provided by seasoned leaders in anti-trafficking organizations
- Lunch and dinner
- Transportation during school activities
Option 3: full-time student including boarding
- Everything under option 1 and 2
- Room and Board
- All meals
- Transportation once arriving in Mexico City
- What types of people would benefit from this program?
This program is focused toward people seriously interested in serving in the field of anti-human trafficking. The program provides skilled training and opportunity for potential placement upon successful completion of the program.
- What is the closest airport to estimate travel fees?
MEX: Mexico City International Airport Benito Juárez
- When should I plan to arrive and leave Mexico?
The school dates are June 10-June 28, 2019. Please schedule your arrival for the 09th of June and your departure, the 29th of June.
- Where is the school located?
The school is located in Mexico City.
- What will I need to bring with me?
School materials and books to be provided. You will need to bring your personal items for sleeping, personal care, journal and bible, and summer clothing appropriate for the city. Please keep in mind that your accommodations are going to be community dorm style and there may not be an abundance of storage so pack accordingly.
- Do I need a Visa?
All students that are not Mexican citizens will need to look up if they need to apply for a Mexican Visa. Some countries receive their visa when entering Mexico, while others have to apply for a visa beforehand. Click here for more instructions on how to do so. You will need to keep in mind that all Visa processing times can vary and you should start the process with plenty of time before needing to leave for the school.
- Why do I need international health insurance coverage?
For your coverage, outside of your home country it is difficult to apply foreign insurance in a hospital setting. Please make sure that your coverage includes Mexico.
2pm-3pm: Lunch break
5pm-7pm: Break and Dinner
7pm-10pm: Class (open for part-time students)
What to expect
The school will be an intense 3 week program. It will be fast-paced and hold a great deal of lecture and information. You should be prepared for the following:
- Lectures from seasoned leaders in anti-trafficking organizations.
- Extra assigned reading in your down time to further expand the ideas being taught in class.
- Journaling and reflection to be shared with your small groups.
- Dynamic times of Community worship.
- Hands-on practical activities to put all of your information into practice.
- Opportunity to interact with potential victims of human trafficking on the front lines.
- Opportunity for placement in any number of anti-trafficking organizations around the world upon successful completion of the program.
- Intentional times of question and answer with teachers and leaders as you process all of the information you are being taught.